Sunday 12 November 2017

Farewell, Moose lake

Hello, welcome back
Today I am going to talk about a place that is special to me. I am talking about camp Moose lake. recently the camp has been sold. Talk of the camp being sold has been going on for a while now, but it has finally been sold which is sad.
this past summer I heard it was the last year, so I made sure I spent at least some time in the kitchen. this past summer I spent two weeks in the kitchen. I had so much fun. cooking food for campers one last summer. Summer camp is not the only time that I have been at moose for. there was summer camp as a camper, junior choir retreats, New years, summer volunteering, and farewell party.

 I only went to Moose lake as a camper once, and I didn't like it. I didn't like doing any of the water activities. I remember I really liked archery, and nature. I don't remember a lot of it, but I remember little things like, we had twins in our cabin who had a birthday, and we had Oreos. my counsellor read to us before bed, me and my friend read Geronimo Stilton in my bed during siesta, and she climbed into my bed during a thunderstorm during the night. another thing I remember my favourite was the singing. other than that I never wanted to come back as a camper.

 when I was in the junior choir at my church, we would have a weekend where we would go to Moose lake to practice for our musical. during the week we would practice the musical, have a bit of fun, and eat good food. *come back to it*

 Another time I spent Moose lake was for New years. every year from before I was born, my family has been going to moose to celebrate new years.  my family and our friends would go to moose. I was always so exited to go. I would always ask around December when we would be leaving. There have been so many memories from new years. on the first night we would make cinnamon buns. the dough would be already be made, Me and others would put the toppings on. I would sprinkle on the cinnamon. we would play lots of games that night, like settlers, joker rummy, bloxus, and set. after when the buns were ready we would eat them, and play more games. the second day we would go tobogganing, skiing, or relaxing by the fire in the lodge.
We also used to do a talent show. Sarah and I made up this skit once called Moose lake is the greatest place. we would stand in the kitchen and just name all the fun things there is to do in moose in the winter. This was my favourite way to spend new years.

 the fourth time spent at moose is volunteering in the kitchen. I have spent the past 3 summers volunteering in the kitchen. (which you can read about.) The first year I volunteered two weeks. The first week that I volunteered was probably the most fun week I have had in the kitchen.  the other staff in the kitchen were around my age, a little bit younger, and a little bit older, so there wasn't a big age gap. we all got along very well, and it was a very fun week, and a good way to start my experience in the kitchen.
 The second summer I spent all three weeks in the kitchen. I had so much fun in the kitchen last summer, that I decided to come back, and for one more week than last year. for one week me, my sister and my cousin Sarah were in the kitchen together. Its fun to be in the kitchen, but it is more fun to do it with people you know.
the third year in the kitchen, I spent two weeks in the kitchen. the first week we had most of the staff be in the kitchen for a number of years, it made it easier that everybody knew what they were doing. I had fun in the kitchen that week.
My favourite foods to make and eat at moose are cinnamon buns, donuts, and sheet brownies.
  A few weeks after the summer ended, we had a farewell party for moose lake. We wanted to do a last time new years party. we came out a day before and had our "party" and stayed the night. usually we have lots of families come to moose for new years, but there was not a lot of people could make it. there was 7 of us. it felt weird with just the 7 of us but we had a good time.  The farewell party was for anyone who was connect to Camp moose lake. when everyone arrived we talked about the history of camps with meanings, and moose. there was a slide show going on in the background. after the history the mic was open up to anyone who had anything to share about moose lake, we sang some songs. after that before we ate we each got a stone, the stone was to make a little tower/pile by the water. this was all very sad, knowing that this was the very last time I would be at Moose lake.
   These are some of my memories at camp. I really loved this place and coming here was such a treat. I am so sad to see it go, but I am glad that I had all these opportunities to come hear.
Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed. if any of you reading been to moose lake, I would love to hear your memories, or your favourite thing, or your favourite camp food in the comments.
don't forget to subscribe if you like what you read, and check out my other posts about moose lake.

 Thank you so much for reading!
I hoped you enjoyed reading as much as I enjoyed doing it.
thank you for reading, I appreciate it.
I hope that you keep reading and enjoying my blog.
and please subscribe! and leave a comment down below and say hi

Here's where you can find me
Twitter-@Madeline_Enns
Facebook-Madeline Enns
Instagram-Madeline_Enns
Instagram-Madelineennsbakes
Google+-Madeline Enns

Have a lovely day!
Until next time, bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cakes/Bakes I have made recently series part 3

Hello, Welcome back to The Nook Todays quote is "People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day" -Winnie the pooh ...