Monday 11 February 2019

Chocolate Valentines Kiss Cookies

Hello, Welcome back to my blog.
During my Blogmas I started off every post by giving you a Christmas quote, or a joke. My mom had found this book of quotes from the Christopher robin movie, I thought I would share one with you at the begging of every post.
  "Come on pooh says Christopher Robin. Where are you going Christopher Robin? says Winnie The Pooh, Nowhere. says Christopher Robin, One of my favourite place says Winnie The Pooh."

   Today I thought I would share with you a recipe that I made for a bake sale. Chocolate Valentines Kiss Cookies.  I started of by taking out all the ingredients and setting them on the counter.
I like to take all my ingredients out and then as I use them I put them away, That's how I know I have used it.


First I worked on my wet ingredients. Using a stand mixer, with the paddle attachment I combined the butter, sugar, eggs (one at a time) and vanilla, and beat it on medium-high speed, Next I moved on to the dry ingredients. In a medium bowl sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Then I combined the dry ingredients to the stand mixer a little at a time, making sure it is all combined. Then I got out some plastic wrap, and put the dough in the fridge for 1 hour. 
After the dough was chilled, I took it out to roll out the dough and into the sprinkles.

                                              

Before putting them in the oven, I made an imprint with my thumb in the middle of the cookies.


While the cookies were in the oven, I unwrapped Hershey kisses. When the cookies came out of the oven I put one kiss on each cookie, and let them cool. I then tasted one to see how it tasted.




Chocolate valentines kiss cookies
Makes 25 cookies
1 cup all-purpose flour                                                                                                                     
1/3 cup cocoa powder                    
1/4 tsp salt                                         
1 stick ( 8 TBSP) unsalted butter 
2/3 cup sugar 
1 egg yolk
2 TBSP Milk
1 tsp vanilla
25 Hershey kisses or Hugs
Valentines heart sprinkles

Method
1. With a stand mixer or a hand mixer, beat together butter and sugar on medium-high speed. Add egg yolk, vanilla and put aside. 2. In a medium sized bowl combine Flour, salt, and cocoa powder. 3. Combine the flour mixture to the butter, and mix until combined. 4.Wrap the dough in plastic wrap, and chill in the fridge for 1 hour. Using a TBSP roll out the dough, and into the heart sprinkle. Put on pan 2 inches apart, and push down the centre with your thumb.  Put in oven at 350 F for 12 minutes. While the cookies are in the oven, unwrap the Hershey kisses. Once the cookies come out of the oven, place one Hersey kiss on each. Let to cool, and enjoy.



Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed reading this.
If you make these cookies yourself, you could tag me in them @madelineennsbakes with the hashtag #ChocolateValentineskissCookies
Leave a comment, or Subscribe if you would like.
 Here's where you can find me:

I hope you have a magical day,
Until next time. bye.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Cakes/Bakes I have made recently series part 3

Hello, Welcome back to The Nook Todays quote is "People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day" -Winnie the pooh ...