Thursday 18 July 2019

Sharing my social skills

Hello welcome back to The Nook.
  Today's quote is "Sometimes if I am going somewhere and I wait, somewhere comes to me.-Winnie The Pooh. I changed my blog again because I didn't like that shade of yellow, I would love to know what you think of this change.
 Today I want to talk about something different. I want to talk about something that I struggle with, which is my social skills.

 I was always a shy kid from what I can remember until now. Sometimes I wish that I could change this, but I guess it's a part of who I am. I have been asked by some people why I am so shy, I honestly say that I just am. I definitely have noticed that I have improved from where I was.

I have recently been noticing times where I have done somethings that I would have never thought that I would ever have the guts to before, things like working at camp by myself, or something as small as talking with co-workers or even extended family. To some people this sounds silly, just small things. To me it feels silly even saying this but its true.
 Big groups/taking in groups, and public speaking or just one on one speaking with some people scare me the most.   Having certain people around in a group setting that make the conversations with other people a little easier for me.

In the fall I start school at Red River for Professional Baking. I have been trying to make an extra effort to be more comfortable with being more social, especially because I will be living in dorm with a roommate that I don't know.  I want to have a good year and make friends. It doesn't come natural to me, I will have to work at it but I think that I can do it.

The words were in my head but I just had a hard time getting them out on paper, I left this for a while to collect my thoughts. This was different for me to share this for people to read it.

Here's where you can find me on social media.

Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/maddy.enns
Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/madeline_enns/
Baking Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/madelineennsbakes/

Thanks for reading.
Until next time, Bye.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cakes/Bakes I have made recently series part 3

Hello, Welcome back to The Nook Todays quote is "People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day" -Winnie the pooh ...