Saturday 25 May 2019

Cakes I have made recently Series - Part 2

Hello, welcome back to the Nook, Today's quote is "Hello, there. Are you on an expotition too?" -Winnie the pooh. Since the seasons are changing, I thought I would change my blog with it. I wanted something brighter, I played around with the colours and ended up with yellow. This is one of my favourite colours, and it fits with summer. I would love to know what you think about the new look.

Today I want to share with you a part two to my Cakes that I made recently series. In the past few months I have baked and decorated 3 cakes.

The first cake I want share with you is a cake that I made was for the loft. The loft is something that happens once a month at my aunties church, where they have coffee and dessert. I was asked if I would bake for it last August. For the loft I could make anything that I wanted, so I would make different desserts depending on what I felt like doing. Lately I have been matching my desserts with themes relating to that month. The cake that I made for the loft was spring themed.


My cousin-in-law Kim and I decorated a cake together a few moths ago. She always comes to family gathering with amazing cakes and cupcakes. I was always so amazed. we had decorated a cake together, and she showed me how to pipe roses.  On this cake I wanted to practice more roses, and since it was a spring cake it seemed fitting. 


These cupcakes were also made for the loft.  This loft was in the month of march, I looked up events that happened in march, I found that Dr. Seuss's birthday was in march. One of my favourite Dr. Seuss's books when I was younger was One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish. I didn't have any blue fish, but there were green fish. The cupcakes were chocolate, you can never go wrong with chocolate!  


This cake was for or Easter gathering. Since I wanted to make a cake for Easter, and Kim always brings cakes to family gatherings as I said before, this year I had the idea since that we should make an Easter cake together. 
This cake I actually did not make, I did make the icing though.  Just to speed up the process of cake decorating, I asked Kim if she could make the chocolate marble cake and do the crumb coat ahead of time.  
  She got to my house and we got straight to decorating, we put the cake in the fridge so it would stay firm. The first component we started on was the flowers. The colours we decided on were Purple, Blue, and Yellow and Green for the leaf's.  The flowers we did were roses. After we put the roses on, there was still some room on the cake, so I got out my drop flower tips and we covered the cake with the flowers and leaf's.  I was scrolling on Instagram and saw something that I liked, and wanted to do on this Easter cake. The idea was white and yellow stripes around the side of the whole cake. We didn't have enough yellow to finish the yellow strips so we finished it with the whit icing. This is not quite how I imagined it, but it turned out good. The ears were made from melted chocolate that we froze on wooden skewers, the tail was made from fondant, the feet were also made from fondant with chocolate hearts, and fondant for the tail. 
 This was a really fun cake to decorate and it always makes it more fun to decorate with someone else.



This last cake I made was for Mother's day. Last year for Mother's day I decorated the cake with flowers, This year I wanted to do flowers again but different than last year. I have seen cakes like these on Instagram and Pinterest. I piped out all the roses on the entire cake, after I piped the roses there was still room on the cake. I put some drop flowers to cover the whole cake. The flavour of the cake was a Peanut butter and chocolate marble cake.  The cake was suppose to be put into 3 9-inch pans, I didn't realise so I put it into 2 pans. The cakes rose quite a bit, I used the tops that I cut off of the cake and the left over icing I had for cake pops.    

I hope you enjoyed reading about cakes and cupcakes that I have made recently
If you like my blog and don't want to miss a post, hit that subscribe button.
Have a lovely day,
Until next time.


Here is where you can find me:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Cakes/Bakes I have made recently series part 3

Hello, Welcome back to The Nook Todays quote is "People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day" -Winnie the pooh ...