Sunday 16 August 2015

my second week volunteering at camp moose lake in the kitchen

Monday August 10th
I did it, I made it through the night in the mini lodge! Today I woke up and for breakfast we made pancakes with fruit and cereal. After we finished breakfast we washed dishes, and started to make lunch. For lunch we had grilled cheese sandwiches and borchet and tomato soup. After lunch we had almost a 2 hour break, and I read city of bones outside. For the kitchen It's a cycle. make food, serve food, wash dishes, put away dishes, make/prep food, serve food, wash dishes, put away dishes make food, clean up. So after supper we had harvest chilli with cauldron fries, and I was helping Kendra make the fries in the cauldron. For snack was ice cream sundaes, I wasn't on snack duty so I was off for the night.  

Tuesday August 11th 
Today I woke up feeling tired, I Did not wake up. But I did and went to make breakfast. Breakfast was outside by the water, we had cauldron egg breakfast burrito, went inside and cleaned up and then started packing stuff for camp out. That is stressful! After that we made lunch. We were suppose to have lunch outside by the water, but we decided not to because we just had breakfast outside, and we didn't want to take the stuff down for breakfast, bring it up and then clean it, and then bring it back down again. Plus they needed the out door cups and plates for camp out, and we just thought it would be to much, so we ate chicken burgers inside with the option of bean and lentil burgers with veggies. The kids and some of the staff are going on camp out tonight, so we just get out left overs for the staff.  Some one in the kitchen was going to be leaving tomorrow, so I thought I could just take her bed. But someone else in the kitchen had to leave today, so I moved into owls roost a day earlier. Hopefully I can get a better sleep tonight.  
  In the kitchen there is this older lady, probably about around 80 years old and she is just hilarious. She probably as funny as my Oma. Today after supper the kitchen staff just talked and laughed, and we had a great time. It was a very relaxed evening. After supper I got to play with Oliver! We went to play in the sand box, and then I took Him for a ride in his wagon. I am exited for breakfast tomorrow morning, in the cereal cabinet I saw alpha bits! I came inside wrote and then I went to the lodge to play cards with the kitchen staff, and a few other staff. Good night.

Wednesday August 12th
Tonight I slept great although I went to bed really late. In the morning I woke up at 9:00 because the campers weren't around and we didn't need to get anything ready. Today for breakfast I had alpha bits and toast with raspberry jam. For lunch we had hot dogs. We were suppose to have hot dogs outside by the water front, but then the sky didn't look good, and then it started to rain so we had lunch inside. For dessert we had cookies, and then instead of cookies for snack they had water and watermelon. Before lunch we had the pizzas made and all we had to do for supper was to put them in the oven and dress the Fraser salad, so we took a break. After our break we came in and started baking the pizzas for supper. Some people in the kitchen started making the bread for sub buns. Before snack we had all the sub buns made. For snack was cauldron popcorn, bananas and watermelon.
Now that another person in the kitchen left we are down to 4 cooks and 1 head cook, and we started with 6 and 1 head cook, and I get my own room. 
   Today was a really hard day, because my feet were hurting again, the back of my knee was hurting, and I was tired. The only thing keeping me going for these two more days is a bath with my butterball bath bomb and watching once upon a time when I get home! Ohh so good. Anyways.
  Good night.

Thursday August 13th 
Today I woke up not wanting to get out of bed, but I did kind of late though. For breakfast we had baked oatmeal, left over French toast, left over pancakes, fruit salad and cereal. For lunch we had sub sandwiches outside, and it was really hot. After lunch we took a staff picture by the toboggan slide and then after the picture the kitchen staff got to eat. After that we took a little break and then snack which was puffed wheat cake and then we started on supper which was the theme meal of fairytale. The meal was rice, sweet and sour meatballs, peas and Italian bread and then we had doughnuts for snack, but this time we actually got to fry them in the cauldron instead of baking them. After snack I was exhausted so I went to bed and got no sleep.

Friday August 14th 
 I woke up super tired, and annoyed that I didn't get sleep, but I woke up and made breakfast. Today we had breakfast sandwiches with blueberry muffins and raspberry and vanilla yogurt. For lunch we were suppose to have taco salad, but I don't know why we didn't but we had casadia's and ceased salad instead which was also fine.we also had s'mores for dessert, after dessert the bus came. The bus was early it was suppose to come at 2:00 but it came more at 1:00. After lunch the campers did there last minute clean up and then the closing program. My sister is suppose to be picking me up at 3:00, but I have a feeling she might be a little late. She was not late. When Natalie got there, we loaded my stuff. Natalie wanted to have a break from sitting so she walked to the lake and back, and then we left. When we got to stienbach we went to Dairy Queen to get some ice cream. I got a peanut butter cup blizzard and Natalie got an Oreo blizzard.

Today is the last day of camp! I finally made it. I have mixed feelings about leaving. there is a part of me that wants to stay and keep working in the kitchen, but there is also a part of me that just wants to go home take a bath and watch once upon a time. Camp has been really fun, and the people have been great. There is two people in the kitchen from my first week that I have got close to. And they were close to my age so that really helped. I think I might miss them a bit. The head cook from last week was also really nice. I found myself saying some times. Where's Andrea when you need her! This week the kitchen staff was great to! We had some more people in the kitchen then last week, because we had more campers than last week. The kitchen this week was full of a lot of laughter. There was this one older lady in the kitchen that was just so funny and sassy. 

Saturday August 15th
Today Is my first full day at home. Today was my relaxing day. Today I woke up and went downstairs and had some puffed wheat for breakfast, and then went to go watch once upon a time and then I went to go have a bath and watch more once upon a time. Then I watched so you think you can dance again with Emily after she got home and talked about our weeks at camp together.

Sunday August 16th
Today I woke up at 7:00 because me and Emily and mom where going to Carmen, to go to a church service that some of the camp staff were invited to sing and for a lunch afterwards. On our way home we stopped at Costco to pick up some things because we are going to my aunt and uncles cottage tomorrow. When we got home I was hungry so I ate a cookie because I only had a little sandwich and some veggies for lunch. I ate my cookie and watched once upon a time, I have finished season 4 of once upon a time, now I am waiting until season 5 starts! My sister and my mom had a nap so I wrote. We had supper, for supper we bought chicken Alfredo with pasta from Costco and then did some laundry and started to pack for the cottage. I am going to end it here because I am just going to pack and then go to bed. Not that interesting.
I hope you had a good week, and enjoyed this weeks post! If you want to you could leave and nice comment or maybe follow me if you want. It makes me happy just to see that people are reading my blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cakes/Bakes I have made recently series part 3

Hello, Welcome back to The Nook Todays quote is "People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day" -Winnie the pooh ...