Tuesday 4 December 2018

Blogmas day 4 - Lazy cleaning day + Top 5 favourite holiday treats

Hello, I hope you are enjoying these jokes. Today's joke is... What do you sing at and elves birthday party? Freeze a jolly good fellow!
 Today was more of a lazy day for me. this morning I got up like yesterday at 11:30, and stayed in bed until 12:00. I eventually got up and went downstairs to eat some food. After I finished eating I went up to my room to clean out my shelves, I got as far as taking everything off my shelves, and dusting a few. I then hit a roadblock, there was a wax stain from those scentsy wax things you put in the holder. If you don't know what these are, don't worry! I had no idea what these were until my friend told me how to use it. This is a Electric candle warmer, that you put these scented oils in. one off The solid wax was stuck on my shelf, so I had to try to get it off. it wasn't coming off so I gave up, I went downstairs to watch t.v.  For supper I had warm potato salad, Shrimp, and coleslaw. After supper my dad made me a peanut butter and chocolate milkshake, and then I did some yoga before going to bed.
 I haven't written a lot today, my post is kind of short, so I thought I would write my top 5 favourite holiday treats.
1.Gingerbread cookies: I like making gingerbread cookies, because you can shape them using different cookie cutters. the ones that I like to use during the holidays are a gingerbread man, ( of course) snowman, Christmas tree, a mitten, and an ugly sweater.
2.Gingersnaps: A Christmas staple, I think for me. I love ginger and since its in a few Christmas treat, I associate it with Christmas.
3.Pretzel hugs: these I have started making a few years ago, I liked them a lot so now I will make them every year, they will become a staple for me.
4.peppermint cookies: These cookies are also a staple. I remember my oma always making these for Christmas, around the holidays when me and my family went over there, you always knew that after lunch or supper they would bring some Christmas cookies out. the plate would include peppermint cookies.
5.Gingerbread cupcakes with white chocolate icing: These cupcakes I started making 3 years ago. I had first made them for someone at my church, they were good so I kept the recipe. After that I have been making them for this bake sale that we have been having at our church for two years.
   I hope you enjoyed that little Christmas baking list. I would love to hear what you favourite holiday treats are.

  Thank you for reading
I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it
I hope you continue to read along
Subscribe so you don't miss out on a post and come leave a comment and say hi.

Here's where you can find me
Twitter: @Madeline_Enns
Facebook: Madeline Enns
Instagram: Madelineenns
Baking Instagram: Madelineennsbakes
Google+: Madeline Enns

I hope you have a magical day,
Until next time, bye    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cakes/Bakes I have made recently series part 3

Hello, Welcome back to The Nook Todays quote is "People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day" -Winnie the pooh ...