Thursday 1 December 2016

Second week volunteering at Camp Moose Lake in the kitchen part two

Hello,
I hope you liked part one of my second week at camp.

 Wednesday August 17th
Morning,
This morning I woke up with a sore throat. The campers weren't back from camp out yet so I was aloud to sleep in a bit.  For breakfast we made bannock for everybody who stayed back, after we finished eating breakfast we got ready for lunch.  For lunch we were having pizza. This week we had Cheese, Ham and Pineapple, Deluxe, Pepperoni, and Veggie. with carrots and celery.  Of course by the end of lunch, pretty much all the pizza had gone. After lunch I cleaned up and then I had a break until about 5:00, because everything for supper was prepped.
 For supper we had rice with meatballs, peas & carrots, and buns and bannock. I like when we had rice and meatballs. After supper was finished we cleaned up, and then I had a break. During my break I went to R.E.C. We played every body's it, and sticks. Snack was after. For snack we had ice cream with chocolate and caramel sauce with water.  I was supervising snack, and the people on snack weren't there yet so I started pouring water into glasses. They had come in to do the snack. I didn't mind pouring the water, but they kick me off helping. the snack got really crazy. After snack was over, I went to the mini lodge to write in my journal up in the loft before I went to bed.

 Thursday August 18th
This morning I woke to my alarm clock, and made it to the kitchen on time. For breakfast we made French toast, bacon with fruit and cereal. Breakfast was finished and cleaned up, then I went to go listen to devotions. Devotions were over, so I went back into the kitchen to start on lunch. Lunch was outside in the picnic shelter so I got the outdoor things together.  For lunch we had Hot dogs and Hamburgers with chips and veggies.  It was a little crazy doing two lines in the picnic shelter, but we did it. after lunch we had a break until 4:45. during my break I relaxed in my room.
  Tonight was theme meal. the theme was Olympics again, but this time it was the Olympics in space
For supper we had chicken fingers and cauldron fries. After we ate supper, we got ready for snack.
For snack we had cauldron donuts!!!! Everyone was excited for donuts. Donuts are really good!
After snack I was so tired, so I went straight to the mini lodge to put the rest of the donuts in the loft.

 Friday August 19th
This morning I woke up before my alarm. Then I went back to bed because I got to sleep in a little later. I got dressed and went to the kitchen. I came in a little late. by the time I got in the kitchen they were already serving breakfast. I made some tea.  I have been having a lot of green tea, because I was sick. earlier in the week I got a cold and was loosing my voice. the head cook gave me the morning off, so I took my tea back to the mini lodge, and read on the balcony.
The campers after breakfast went to pack up there things, had lunch and then went home.
Most of the staff had left, it was me, my sister and two other camp staff.  In the evening we waited for the food truck to come. We weren't really sure when it was coming, because it was suppose to come yesterday, but it didn't. finally the truck came. after it came we went inside to have supper. For supper I had leftover Quesadilla's, meatballs, and peas and carrots. we watched cheaper by the dozen while we ate. for dessert I had hot chocolate and a leftover brownie. after the movie ended I went to bed.

 Saturday August 20th
I slept in this morning a little. for breakfast I had frosted flakes and some tea. When I came into the lodge, I saw that they were watching the 4th Harry Potter. After Harry Potter was finished we watched the parent trap. the other girl that stayed the weekend had never seen the parent trap before, and since I didn't make it through the last time we watched it, I didn't mind watching it again. The whole day was basically full of movies and relaxing. after a well needed day of relaxing I went to bed.

I hope you enjoyed reading the second half of my second week. My week is too long so I have to split it up in parts, so look for part two and  the rest of weeks.

I hope you keep reading and enjoying my blog.
you can follow my blog and leave comment, or follow any of my social media sites.

Places where you can find me.
Twitter-@Madeline_Enns
Facebook-Madeline Enns
Instagram-Madeline_Enns
Instagram-Madelineennsbakes
Google+-Madeline Enns

Have a lovely day!
until next time, bye. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Cakes/Bakes I have made recently series part 3

Hello, Welcome back to The Nook Todays quote is "People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day" -Winnie the pooh ...